Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tomorrow Looks Good

In January my hours at work got cut in half and Steve's company eliminated his twenty hours of overtime a week. God has blessed us, though, and we've been (barely) making it. Today I got word that I will be starting my second job tomorrow. The competition was fierce, but they think that I am the right person for their business.

"What is the business?" you ask: the business is what you give to someone when you want to tease them, but that doesn't matter now. My new job is at a small book store. They . . . We sell new and used books of various types. I frequent the bookstore already and I love it, so I really want to help make it a success.

Here's the deal: I may be helping to plan future acquisitions in the religion section (Christian is the largest section, but Judaism, Islam and various "Eastern" religions are also represented). So, I'd like you to give me your religion suggestions and wish lists: authors, books, and subjects. You don't have to answer right now, I'll do a separate post soon where we can discuss your answers. Maybe I'll give my "wish I had time to read it" list.

Comments:
Congrats on your new job. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun...as far as jobs go. I don't know if if I have any book suggestions for your, but if you could purge the store of any Rick Warren material I think that'd be helpful. Maybe just move his stuff from the religion section to the business management section.
 
congrats buddy, I'm glad you got it. oh and for recommendations I have a couple that you probably already know of. donald miller and john eldridge. they are total non fundamentlist and I get an epiphany every time I read them.
 
what religion section would be complete without a book detailing how Harry Potter is the devil
 
Okay, so Rush wants Joel Olstein instead of Rick Warren, John wants some direct revelation, and Trey wants to stop children from reading. Got it.
 
I heard someone once say that Olstein holds a V.B.S. in Bible. Or maybe it was he holds a degree in V.B.S. either way, i think it's pretty funny.
 
give em "the business" ty!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]