Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Wrath of the Conformists

If you know me, you know that I have more bouts with stupidity than I do with genius (and I know it). You also know that the people I value are those who care about others, have dreams that they are pursuing, and care about becoming better people (even if they don't know it). Yeah, I respect genius and I can even be intimidated by it, but I'd rather say that I had helped people than say that I was smarter than them.

I'
m getting sick and tired of people thinking that, just because they think that I'm smarter than them, I somehow think that that makes me better than them. I know a lot of random stuff --random stuff is fun for me-- so I share random knowledge when I hear something connected to it. Actually, I think that my interests and my way of talking tend to intimidate people, but should I change everything about myself just to avoid the wrath of the conformists? I may not be typical punk, but I'm too much of a punk for that.

Comments:
There is no need for you to be frustrated like this; never in my life have I consider you better than me.
 
In addition, I think it so obviously apparent who is better between the two of us that never have I thought, "Ty thinks he's better than me." I have always thought, "I'm better than this guy...much better."
 
This is a frustrating thing. I know because people think this about me a lot. It takes a while for people to be comfortable with me and then when they do, they tell me that they didn't like me at first because they thought I was "stuck-up" or "thought I was better then them". Once they get to know me, no one thinks this, I guess they just realise I am a huge nerd. Anyways, it is judt so frustrating to be thought of this way and really have no way of changing it.

Oh, and I have never thought you think you are better than everyone else.
 
Let's just face the fact that Ty and Jess are better than the rest of us. I can't stand either of you arrogant people and wish that you'd keep all your knowledge to yourself. If I want to gain knowledge I'll watch Jeopardy or the Price is Right.
So keep both of your traps shut and stop learning so that the rest of us can catch up via Bob Barker.

wv: iqnsmwbnd
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]