Friday, July 13, 2007

Recipes: Taco Meat

I'm trying to spend most of my time on thesis stuff, so I thought I'd leave you with some more food ideas

Praiseworthy dispositions for the discipline of kitchen management: The art of Simplicity Makes the Spice of Life Come Alive.

Taco Meat: taco meat should not be over spiced. One or two spices is all you really want in there, otherwise your flavor becomes less powerful and loses its identity. My favorite taco spice is cumin, but you might want to try a little chili powder, chipotle powder, or cayenne, or you might want to make a sauce of your favorite hot pepper and add it immediately before serving.

Never add a sauce that is supposed to be hot too early. Sauces lose some of their heat, and worse, their flavor to evaporation.

Prep the hamburger by cooking it throughly, but do not let it get very brown. Now I'll tell you the secret that makes the texture of restaurant taco meat so much more attractive to most of us than the chunky blah you usually get when you cook at home: chop it in the food processor, use a salad shooter or even a blender, if you have to. It is so worth the extra ten minutes of prep and cleanup. I warn you, though, do it once and you will never be happy with the chunky junk again.

1 lb hamburger (prepared as above)
2 Tbs cumin
and salt to taste

Put that in a taco, on nachos, or on a tostada and you'll wish you had twice the appetite.

Labels:


Comments:
Food processor, eh? I'll try that some time.

Ok, this isn't about Taco meat, but if you can help me, I would really say thank you. . . at least once.

How can I set up my blog so that people can "subscribe" to it and get e-mail's when I post?

"Help me Obi-Wan! You're my only hope!"
 
I wish you'd put up a new post because every time I look at your blog I want to eat tacos! Please write something new, I don't care if you leave it up for months at a time, just don't make you're post about tacos or any Mexican food!!
 
I need some easy recipes. Hey Ty. It's Trey's friend, Kimberly, from ACU. Hope all is well with you.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]