Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Link in the Chain

Right now, one of my favorite series is the one written by Scalzi and beginning with Old Man's War. It is Sci-Fi, so most of you will probably not go out and buy it, but Scalzi is an excellent author, and his work is among the most gripping I've yet read. I find myself criticizing other books for wasting my time on a boring intro since I've started reading him.

Anyway, Scalzi recently wrote an interview with Pluto that is short and humorous, and I thought that, at the very least, Trey would enjoy it.

Parental Caution: Scalzi is rather vulgar at times: in his books, he's writing about war and, in an attempt to avoid romanticising it (I assume), he tries for realism in the language used by soldiers and in certain of their sexual behaviors (though I don't remember anything more graphic than an episode of desperate housewives) not to mention graphic violence: as usual, you should read it (and take notes on anything to which you object to your children reading, so you can quantify it) before you hand it to your kids. I suggest reading books with them and discussing how they can make better choices than the characters portrayed.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]