Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Why Doesn't Someone Do Something?

Why doesn't someone do something? Yes, I guess that has become a rhetorical question.
The following was posted by Laila and borrowed from



Okay, so we know exactly what Israel is going to do: continue what they are doing until the Palestinians leave or die. Most of us know that nothing we can do or pressure anyone else to do, within the boundaries of legal and advisable action will change that.

Here is my question: why do the surrounding countries refuse Palestinians a place as citizens? Why do they refuse to let them immigrate as refugees? Why do they put them in what amount to prison camps? Why do they treat them like criminals and have them report in like they are on probation? Why are they brothers when Israel does evil, but poorly-treated foreigners when they are not in Israel?

We all know that what Israel does to Palestinians is wrong, but why don't we all know that what all the governments of the region are doing is wrong?

What can we do? I don't have a good answer, so I'm praying and maybe I'll send a note to a senator; see, I believe in God, so I'm sure about prayer, but I don't believe in my senators.

Comments:
i wish there was an easy answer for this..but there isn't
humanitarian concepts seem not to exist anymore, or are always overshadowed by political stands and patriotic beliefs..its too complicated..and the people who pay the price are those who have nothing to fight with to get back what they lost (be it country, dignity, family..)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]