Saturday, April 14, 2007

And Hours to Go before I Eat . . .

6:05 PM -
Scene, the K-- living room

Gina [talking on the phone]: Hello, I'd like a large "Duke Tristam Platter" (the real name is trademarked) Pizzano onions, green peppers, or Linguise.

[Hexagonal Eating Surface Pizza Company (this too was trademarked) answers her, unheard by all but Gina]

Gina: Yes, that's the correct address.

[Hexagonal Eating Surface Pizza Company responds]

Gina: Okay, 30 to 45 minutes. Great.

[Waiting by the phone . . . ]

7:30 Pm -

Gina [talking on phone]: Yes, it's 7:30, and I ordered my pizza at 6:05, it hasn't arrived yet.

[Hexagonal Eating Surface Pizza Company responds]

Gina: Yes, that's my order. Okay. Thank you.

Ty: So?

Gina [to Ty]: it "disappeared."

Ty: If it came to my house by accident, I'd pretend it was my order.

Gina: they said they'd make it and rush it out immediately, and that they'd charge half price.

[Waiting for pizza . . . ]

8:15 -
Gina [on phone]: Okay, please hurry.

[to Ty] at least they arn't going to charge us. Do you have cash for a tip . . .

9:15 -
[Doorbell]
Gina [to Steve]: It's been too long, that has to be at least partly the driver's fault, don't bother with a tip.

[Switch scene: some time later, Ty is driving in the car and listening to radio]

Radio Personality: okay, caller, what's your complaint?

Caller: People in this valley don't tip pizza delivery guys. I moveds here after working the same job in two other states and no one tips as badly as Boise.

Ty: Oh COME ON!

Comments:
seriously?! :)
 
rickdiculous.

I'd like to know who this hexagonal eatting surface pizza place is.... I'd like to give them... a... um... nevermind.
 
All completely true, except it was Steve who wanted to withhold the tip. I've never not tipped someone in my life. I just didn't want to give him a $10 bill--that would be a bit too much reward for folly. I made Ty get a couple of bucks worth of quarters.
 
Oh my goodness...that is crazy! It "disappeared"...whatever.
 
Yeah, it wasn't lost or taken, evidently Harry Potter made it loose visable form.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]