Monday, December 11, 2006

Hit a Nerve?

Have you ever looked forward to dental surgery? Well, I do.

Every day I look forward to having my bottom left wisdom tooth cut out. Nature has already started the process. I have a hole in the tooth about a quarter of the size of the exposed area of the tooth, thogh it feels like it takes up a quarter of my body, especially when something hits the nerve. My beloved water pick has been very faithful in cleaning out anything that got itself wedged in there, but, and I am just speculating here, something sharp got in and pierced the thin piece of material that was keeping me from pain. I am currently using a temporary tooth patch, and waiting for Christmas, when I go home with my parents and they take me to a dentist and the dentist takes out a drill and cuts that puppy out. I just hope I don't have an absess or nerve damage or whatever.

Well, tonight I had to change the patch because it had broken. I had to wash out the hole . . . you know, the one with the live nerve. it wasn't so bad with the luke-warm water, but when I rinsed it with cold mouthwash I had to brace myself and pray for it to be over. All that trauma has me up until the current hour, but now the tooth-deadening stuff in the temporary filling is finally starting to work, maybe I'll get some sleep afterall.

Comments

Comments:
Man, that stinks. It stinks like mung beans.

I wish there was a way to get it fixed faster.
 
I've experienced your pain Ty, I only pray that your teeth are straighter than mine because it took 50 minutes to extract all 4 of my wisdom teeth but most definitely there is peace after the operation.
 
That stinks like buzzards!

I too had all four of mine out all at one time ... because I could have not gone back for a second session!

And why is it that everyone tell an awful wisdom tooth story when someone is "going in?" That's cruel and mean.
 
Sometime I will tell you all about my wisdom tooth experience...maybe after you get yours out. All Iw ill say is that I know what feeling you are talking about with the cold water on the nerve...it still makes me sick to my stomach. So sorry Ty.
 
Thanks, people.

I'm glad the parents came through, otherwise I'd be looking for a dremel attachment and a good pair of pliers.
 
i don't have wisdom teeth. they are not in my head at all, never were. i am further evolved than all of you, so take that.

also, i'm sorry ty.
 
My dentist told me that my mouth is so big I could fit even more wisdom teeth in there, if need be. So now I have teeth all the way into the middle of my head.

Hope that makes you feel better. hehehehe.
 
RM, I acknoledge your evolutionary superiority, at least in the matter of teeth.

Roni, (and I'm going to intentionally misundestand you here) was that an offer? Even if your gums were looking for new tenants, because of all the extra space, my Wisd-dumb teeth are not very good tenants, and I'm afraid that a new home for them would just be more painful and expensive than a regular extraction. Interesting idea though.
 
Please don't put your teeth into my head.
 
Once somebody put their teeth in my head and it totally hurt.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]