Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I almost can't watch


As my former room mates or anyone who has watched the office with me knows, I am just too empathetic when it comes to television. I can't bear to see people make fools of themselves. That aversion is so great that I actually become more embarrising than the actual scene; I cover my eyes and try to stifle the empathetic/ pathetic sounds that keep escaping from my throat. The problem is that I think that such things are terribly funny, I just can't stand seeing them happen.

I once thought that I was better about it if I was alone while I watched, but I was wrong. The reason that I don't have as much trouble when I'm alone is that I will give in to my urge to change the channel or leave the room, but if other people are around, I feel like I have to stay. In fact, I actually couldn't watch the entire clip which I am posting, I had to start writing my blog while it finished playing so that I would be distracted from the terrible humanity. I hope that you enjoyed the clip, I enjoy it in retrospect, but not during the actual viewing.

Comments:
I can't see the clip because my work computer doesn't allow such things... but, I do the same thing. Watching the office practically gives me an anxiety attack, because Michael (Steve Carrell) makes such a fool of himself that I am literally embarrased for him and on the verge of screaming at the TV for him to get a clue! Ugh... but, I love the show, so i continue to watch and laugh and try to control the hysteria.
 
bah!!!!!
You'll notice that I didn't include Arab... I just thought it would be too explosive... no pun intended....
love it.
 
that is one of my all time favorite office scenes. it's terrible and wonderful and everything i need it to be. you should watch this with the mister, he gasps and moans and holds his forehead in his hands and says things like, "michael, noooooo!!" or "ooohhh, dwight..."

it's delightful.
 
awkward, very awkward.
I am always afraid I AM one of those people. What do you think Lisa?? Please don't answer that :)
 
this is my favorite, show, I've got everyone in my office pegged for their office-personality-type... although we have no Pam so I feel like I'm being ripped off being such a Jim.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]