Thursday, August 17, 2006

Early Christmas Wishes

Looking for a great Christmas gift? I guess you'll have to look elsewhere.

Right next to the penguin ornaments and santa toilet seat cover, shallow poetry combines with painful absurdity to create an ironic masterpiece for your holliday pleasure.


Feel free to create your own.

One from Kirk cameron:
"Wishes for peace and love
and hope are all very well,
I hope that you have not forgotten,
you'll all go to . . . ."

Pat Robertson:
"Don't let let the season distract you,
don't be misled,
what Jesus really wants,
is the bad guys dead."

Mel Gibson:
[removed because the author offended himself]

Comments:
Sorry that I've been gone; I've been exhausted for the last several weeks.
 
Great post Ty. Wish I had the brain power to add my own.
Glad you are back!
 
That has got to be the most maudlin, pathetic, totally misguided holiday item EVER. And we all know the holidays are the perfect time for trite crap.

They must be pretty popular though, they have them in the Current catalog, too.

Personally, I think the Santa Toilet Outfit is pretty klassy as well. Tempting...
 
Sing all you like,
spread Christmas cheer,
I'm spending Christmas
with Stalin this year.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]