Friday, June 09, 2006

Emergency Blog Break

Please read both of the following

I've had an emergency come up, but it isn't mine to share, so I'll let Gina fill you in. I can let you know, though, that I need to work on my thesis without interruption for the next few weeks, and then I'll be at camp for a week, and then I hope that I'll be far enough along to blog again. I am going to miss you all, but you gotta do what you gotta do.


Okay, so for your sake I'd better clear up my Raj Posts. After R, A and J made their admissions, the following comments were made to Arwen's blog:


At 6/09/2006 12:12 PM, Ty said…

All this time I thought it was just Ryan (and Jess), I figured Arwen was in the loop, but most of the humor reminded me of Ryan.


At 6/09/2006 12:16 PM, Ty said…

Oh, I forgot to say that I did give up on that idea when he said stuff that might actually hurt someone, then I figured that the stylistic choices were just coincidence, but I still couldn't believe that someone with that personality would have such good spelling (I've known a few real raj's, but I never thought that any of them might be able to spell).


At 6/09/2006 12:39 PM, arwen said…

Hey Ty, it's ok if you were fooled... lots of people were. You don't have to be strong for us. We tried to fool you...


At 6/09/2006 2:30 PM, Ty said…

First, I intended to say that I had not thought Arwen was in on it.

Second, You have no idea how often I heard Ryan repeat something that wasn't funny (I lost my virginity ____ --usually to Brent, during High School), until it did become sort-of funny.

Besides, if you haven't noticed, I overthink almost everything, that is why I never commented on Raj's insults, after I gave up on the Ryan idea, I thought that Jen's husband or someone was playing a persona to see how all of us "good Christians" on the list would react, and then they would spring it on us and say, "see how you would have driven away a non-Christian instead of treating him with love." Tell me Ben wouldn't do that!


At 6/09/2006 7:13 PM, Jess said…

Ty, don't be a weiner, you didn't know! And I think I was the majority of the humor, thank you very much (not your precioous Ryan or whatever his name is)!


At 6/09/2006 10:53 PM, Ty said…

Wow, Jess, then I am impressed. I didn't know that you were THAT funny (though I did know that you were funny).

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by saying that I suspected something, I should have just kept it quiet, but I though that I was pretty clever (even if it was only one of several things that I thought of), and I like feeling clever, so I, stupidly, said something,.

Now, don't believe it if you don't want to, but please let it go; I know I'm just asking for ridicule here, but Ive had a stressful week and I really don't need all this right now, so I'll take my own advice and shut up.

I have to do thesis work without interuption for a while (I'm sure Gina will explain) but I'll miss you all until I can return to the blogmunity. I may be able to post periodically, but I probably shouldn't, the schedule is just too tight.


At 6/09/2006 11:33 PM, Jess said…

Sweet little ty, I was only joking. We are friends and you are no weiner. I will never call you that again. And that is a scientific fact! Good luck on your thesis...and good job figuring it out!


At 6/09/2006 11:46 PM, Ty said…

HA! I Raj-ed you out. We're even now.

BTW- I don't understand how you guys could wait so long before telling . . . it was driving me nuts.

I really do have to work on the thesis though.


At 6/10/2006 12:15 AM, Ty said…

Now I'm having "liar's remorse," sorry guys, I love you all and I'll never do it again.

(P.S. I also know that, for comedic effect, I should have waited a few days to tell, but first, I really am a terrible liar, I always want to tell the truth as soon as I tell the lie; second, I'm going to be off-line, and I knew that I'd feel like I had to come clear it up while I'm supposed to be working, and then I'd get caught up in blogland again)


At 6/10/2006 10:36 AM, arwen said…

ohhh... Ty... you are pretty amazing... except for the whole telling mere hours after you started... in that aspect, you kind of... how do i put this kindly? Um. you suck at that part. But the lie? You reign supreme. That was awesome.


Now I have to say: Yes Arwen, I do, I do and it was. I just don't have the patience to do it right. But I have great ideas (if I do say so myself). I'm sorry if I upset anyone, I was trying for the Raj style of being hurt for a dumb reason, but I like all of you too much to drag it out, and I'm afraid our friendship, exclusively in blogworld or not, would suffer more than I want it to.

My thought process: somewhere someone told me that if you want deception to work, make as much of it true as possible. Well, I was going to comment that I thought that Raj had been asked to start the blog by Stacy to bring more people to her blog, but when not enough of us came, he decided to quit and thought that it would be funny to get upset about things much less offensive than what he did.

When I started to type, I realized that RA&J were rather proud of their deception, so I decided to change my comment to say that I suspected it all along. I had to hope that they would get upset, otherwise I'd have to escalate the annoying comments until they did. From there I called on actual experience to make a pathetic post to make them regret the whole thing, but then I thought about how upset i would be if I thought I had actually hurt one of you, and I realized that I had to leave blog land to write. I couldn't just leave it there, so I felt like I had to respond to Jess right away, before it went too far (and earned her enmity forever).

So everything I posted was true, except suspecting Ryan of being Raj, and having a dozen ideas of who he might be. I'm sorry for those lies and I repent, but as I said, I like feeling clever, so I just had to do it.

Comments:
i like clever people. the majority of my friends are clever. cleverness is the new cool.
 
I lied...you are a weiner. Weiner with a capitol W! But my friend you are also very funny and for that I respect you.
Hey, are you gonna come and see us when you are here for camp? Renovatus starts at 10.
 
yes, you should come to Renovatus... and bring that sister of yours with you... I like her. But lets get to the point: so... are you a weiner, or not? You'd have to do something pretty bad/ mean for us to dislike you Mr. Frost... Live long and prosper. Weiner. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]