Wednesday, May 24, 2006

LOST and found

First: Locke is alive; Walt had to leave because he is growing too fast; Yes, Desmond's partner was Said's teacher; no, I thought it was a good ending.

Next: Tabitha always does this so I guess it's okay. How come I never see this on the American news? Are they hoping that all we will see is a mad dictator over in Iran and not the people fighting for freedom. Are they afraid that we will see that they are just like us? . . . I hope not . . . it may just be that they think nuclear bombs sell more papers than marches for freedom do . . . I guess greed is god to newspapers now. They were supposed to be searching for truth, but they found that it was easier to make money.

Comments:
I think the problem is the the American media doesn't really care about the protests. International news in American media is usually sandwiched between some local shooting and tomorrow's weather. They don't allot enough air time for anything more than the horrid details of murders and bombs in those "savage countries that are full of terrorists and religious wackos". this feeds Americas fear of the East and only fuels western beliefs that all Arabs, Jews, Palestinians, and Muslims are all terrorists in thier own right. Its their way of keeping us uninformed about what is really going on in that part of the world, so we can continue thinking that going to Iraq was the right thing to do, what we don't know can't hurt us right; except thousands of innocent civilians have already been killed. Its sad, its disgusting, and I would say unAmerican.

Lost, btw, was good last night. I feel satisfied that some questions were answered, but now I have a few months to mull over the new questions.
 
I really have a hard time watching any kind of news. It is all so biased. I wish there was something that would just give facts and not throw in political view points.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]