Monday, May 01, 2006

In the News

It has come to my attention that many of you (at least Rush and Gina) think that I am funny when I rant about something that is relatively unimportant. Good news: There will be rants tonight! But first . . .

[Sorry about the delay in my posts, kids, I My-Spaced out for a few days and then a storm destroyed our cable modem so the internet was down for a while. I found some of my best friends from the past, some of whom I haven't really talked to since Junior High. I've invited them to come and visit us here at The Blog I Never Use, so, be nice, hide the dirty socks, and use your fork, not your fingers, except you, Shark Dog, super-spy hackers without opposable thumbs are exempt.]

Gina and I went to V for Vendetta this weekend and I cried. I didn't cry because Evey is tortured, or because Gordon is beaten, or because Evey's parents are taken from her when she is a child. . .
. . .I cried because George Lucas is such a bad director that he made Natalie Portman appear to be a bad actress in Star Wars Episodes I-III. In those movies you often want to shout, "FER CRYIN' OUT LOUD . . . Smell the 'cheese', stomp on your own foot, put glass in your shoe, have someone kill your rabbit, I don't care how but, please . . . PLEASE show more emotion than than Agent Smith with a dozen Botox injections!" . . . I digress . . .

In almost unrelated news: Construction on the Freedom Tower, a replacement for the World Trade Center, began in New York City. Does anybody else see the problem here? THE NAME people. I'm all for freedom, but Freedom Towers sounds like "The PEOPLE'S Republic of China", It sounds like some V for Vendetta/ 1984/Brave New World name, intended as either irony or falsehood, not to say that it is, it just sounds like that. Why don't we just name it "Fascists- Trying- to- Sound- Like- We're- Not Tower." If they want to name it Faulty Towers, however, I'm all for that.

Comments:
ok. I followed you. I thought "Wow, this Ty charachter is a real sensitive guy..." seriously. Then you said that George Lucas part and I lit-rally fell off the chair laughing. I laughed because it was funny. It was funny because it is true. So very, very true. And then there's "Smell The Fart Acting" (I am here impersonating Joey's demonstration). Awesome.

Ooh... I think my Word Verification is trying to tell me something... jklfy. Which is clearly JFK Lie. That means that everything we think we know about the man, the president, the JFK, is a lie. Maybe it's Just Kidding. Fly. Whatever. It's been one of those days...
 
I was going to comment on how much I love Arwen and her easily-amused self. But then I clicked on the Wikipedia link and found out that there were only 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers! That's right: 2 more than 10, 8 less than 20. How can that be? Yet it was voted the Greatest British Television Program. I think only making 12 episodes of a show like that is taking quitting while you're ahead to an unhealthy extreme.
 
I like quitting while I'm ahead. Thats why I don't play baseball, why I haven't learned to fly, and why I don't have a full time job. I'm much better off quitting while I'm still ahead...does that work in these scenareos? Hmmm...maybe not.
 
Wait, Ryan, wouldn't quitting while you're ahead mean you needed to quit any job you enjoyed/were good at? I don't think quitting while you're ahead works for every situation--but it's a good plan if you're ever in Vegas.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]