Monday, March 06, 2006

Repost of Island Swapping

Alright, I've been informed that Saturday's post doesn't all show on Internet Explorer. Here's a copy from my page via Firefox.


Let's try a little island-swapping

I've been corrupted! I guess it was about four years ago when Trey and Emily inducted me into their twisted web of Survivor. I know, I know . . . it is a horrible show about people who have no control over their competition impulse, but it can be fun, with a sarcastic sense of humor, which I have in abundance and a lot of friends, which I seem to have misplaced in a recent move :). When the peer pressure is off and I have the remote, I can’t bring myself to watch (beyond which, I hate coming in a few episodes after things start or after missing an episode).

Now my sister converted me to a show that is more my style – LOST. LOST is an “out there” fantasy series where forty-some-odd people get terrorized by the mysterious bad guys while their most embarrassing moments and the stories about the worst things they ever did are plastered up where the whole world can see. Of course, they are stuck on the island and they don’t know that we know their secrets, so why be embarrassed?

My proposal is this: let’s combine the shows. We crash a plane-load of overly-competitive people on an island and let Sayid torture them until they spill all their most embarrassing moments on national television. Then we have a contest, greased boar wrestling, for instance, then, if everyone lives through it, the maroons get to vote on who gets dragged off into the jungle by people dressed as refugees from Pirates of Pinzance.
I’d watch that.

Comments:
Ty - I think you need to give up your career (whatever that may be at this time) and become a telivision producer. TV needs more people to have original ideas and risk the lives of the people being filmed. There's no risk in reality TV - I don't care if some punk gets made fun of by Simon. But if Simon has to fight them with some num-chuck skills - that would be some good TV.

I vote that we crash all the actors from all the TV shows that are just initials (CSI-NYPD-ER-SVU) on an island and then film all of their desperate spouses as they try to make a deal about the survival of their lost loved ones.
 
you slay me ty!

that was awesome!

thanks for stopping by my blog . . . i'm linkin' ya right now!
 
James/Ιακωβέ, good idea, but I don't want to see what is in the briefcases. I'm glad to see you're still a theologian, we need it.

Tabitha, thank you too. I'm glad life is treating you and Jon well. You and Jon rarely fail to teach and encourage me.
 
Oh crap, I was hoping that you were still a theologian . . . I'm just planning on planting a church - no theology involved there. [Now where is that sarcasm mark again?]
 
Yeah, James, no theology there [insert sarcasm mark here]. No, I've not abandoned the effort.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]